Monday, September 29, 2008

The Challenge...

At times I feel like my mind is turning to mush. I have been debating about returning to University and taking a course or two in mathematics. I need to do something a bit more intellectually stimulating. Arnold knew of my need to clear out the cobwebs that have accumulated over the last SIX or so years-no time like the present for a little spring cleaning, hey-so he has challenged me to learn a programming language, Ruby.

I purchased a book the other day and have made my way through the first two chapters with very little difficulty. I could remember some of the information that I had previously learned back when I was studying at De Paul. There, I took courses in C and C++, among other things.

I know that Arnold has ulterior motives in setting this challenge for me but I don't mind. Anything to get the mind back in order, at this point, is greatly appreciated.

No comments: