Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Historic Day

While I have already voted in the American Election via Absentee Ballot, I can't shake the excitement of Election Day. I am somewhat saddened to not be in America for what I believe will be a pivotal day in the country's history.

I am pleasantly surprised that so many people are taking this election seriously and I am hoping for a record turnout. Amongst 40-somethings that I know, the support is strongly in favor of Obama. This is, I believe, indicative of a "changing of the guard," if you will, in American political thinking. Gone are the thoughts of having a knowledgeable grandfatherly person running the country and instead people seem to be desirous of a fresh, intelligent and younger approach to redirect a country that seems to have lost its way.

I will be sitting here in New Zealand with my fingers crossed as I watch the election returns on the internet (this will be a family affair this evening) and hope that going forward, America will be headed in a new, more positive direction under the leadership of Barak Obama!

No comments: